Books I’m reading
Interesting articles I read recently
- Pandemic Wilderness Explorers Are Straining Search and Rescue - The New York Times
- Worsening drought in West stokes fears of severe wildfire season ahead
- Encouraging signs that the vaccine rollout is having the desired effect
- The unserious comparisons between Colorado’s voting laws and Georgia’s new one
- How to spot design traps like the “money bomb” Trump used to dupe supporters
Yesterday we went to Crater Lake National Park. It was something of a last-minute getaway, since the park’s north entrance road and the Rim Road will be closing this coming weekend for the winter.
However, the weather for now was amazing and we had beautiful clear views of the lake all day with only a little haze. While driving around the rim, we had views of Mt. Thielson, Diamond Peak, Mt. McLaughlin, Mt. Shasta, and Klamath Lake.
The previous tenants at our house left behind some interesting rough cut lumber. I used it to build the top of a farmhouse-style dining table. The table base and benches are made from store-bought lumber.
I had to stand very still outside for a few minutes but I got a couple better pictures of our Rufous.