Web Developer, Pro Q – https://proqsolutions.com | August 2014 – present
I’m part of the development team at a small agency. We build websites and business applications for clients around the region.
- Create custom WordPress themes and plugins for client websites, including SAAS platforms built on WordPress and WooCommerce
- Coordinate development team on certain projects to create project scope, distribute tasks, maintain a timeline, and communicate with the client
Web Developer / Designer, Opt-e-Web – http://www.opt-e-web.com | March 2011 – August 2014
I was the sole designer/developer for a small agency also focusing on marketing and IT.
- Created custom WordPress themes and plugins for client websites
- Worked with clients to build new websites from start to finish – web strategy, wireframes, design comps, development, deployment, and ongoing support
- Assisted with internal company strategies
Freelance Web Developer / Designer – https://ajy.co | January 2009 – present
In 2009 I decided to make a career change and turn my hobby into my job.
- Work with clients from start to finish, generally strategizing, designing, and developing WordPress-based websites
- Key client: Oregon Travel Information Council (https://oregontic.com), a semi-independent state agency that manages various travel-related services in Oregon. I built their website and continue to provide support as needed.
Music Teacher / Substitute Teacher – 2005-2008
I taught band and choir and also was a regular substitute teacher for a few schools. I loved some aspects of the job, but eventually chose to take my career a different direction.
- Open source – I strongly believe in using open source software when possible, including my development environment and operating system. I have implemented open source-based systems and processes in my current workplace. I’ve also written and open-sourced a few utilities, including a CSS/Sass Flexbox-based layout framework and a small anti-spam plugin for WordPress.
- Programming languages and tools
- Serverless: Firebase
- Back End: Node.js, Express, WordPress, PHP
- Data: Firebase, RethinkDB, MongoDB, InfluxDB (time-series), MySQL. REST API’s to receive and send data.
- Tools: Desktop and server Linux, Docker
- Bachelor of Music, emphasis in Music Education – Willamette University. Graduated 2004.
- Graduated Magna Cum Laude.
- Participated in NCAA Cross Country and Track; 2x Conference Champion and 2x All-American in Cross Country.
- Master of Arts in Teaching – Willamette University School of Education. Graduated 2005.