7/16/2023 - Sermon Notes Genesis 12 vv1-8 - Call of Abraham, 7th Sunday of Summertide
Scripture has 6 acts to resure & redeem the world:
- Israel (Genesis 12 - Malachi)
- Church - Acts - Rev 20
- New Creation - Rev. 21-22
In Genesis 12, Abram is a random guy who God calls. God tells Abram to leave but not where to go. Calls Abram away from his family and established life, to an unknown destination.
- But (v2) the call comes with a promise.
- In fact the call is much more about God's blessings on Abram
- God is not a taker. He asks for our committment but loves to bless his people.
- God blesses Abran - Not so Abram will be blessed, but so he will be a blessing to others. This is God's redemptive plan.
- This paradigm extends to us as the church. We are blessed to be blessings to others. 2 Corinthians 1 v4.
Abram did it. we don't know what his reaction was other them to obey.
How might we be a blessing to others in our community?