- How To Build a Synthetic Top Quilt – DIY / MYOG – Backcountry Banter
- How To Make A Synthetic Top Quilt - DIY / MYOG - YouTube
This went pretty quickly and was easy to make:
- About 4 hours of work
- But I was going slowly overall. Could have been quicker
- However it's worth taking time sewing to make sure I am catching all layers.
- Using tissue paper for backing the apex was pretty effective and generally pretty easy
- 1.1 oz ripstop nylon - calendered on outside, uncal on inside. While this material is lightweight and a bit slippery it was not bad to work with. Also the cheapest option, although hyperd 1.0 would not have been that much more expensive.
- Apex 5.0, estimated comfort 35 degrees, will be interesting to see how it plays out
- 78" long, I think this will be totally adequate, especially with balaclava
- 79x56, 5" taper x 30"
- Cord channels: Blue, 2x54, 2x44
- 3" grosgrain tabs: 10