2022 Work of the People
John 6 47-58
- Communion is the goal of the service - act of union w/ God
- Genesis 2 - We are created for relationship. In Gen 3-11, we then see several episodes of alienation - from God, each other, etc.
- But in Genesis 12 God begins the work of Reconciliation
- The reconciliation of all things is not a thing we can do as individuals. Only way we can do this is by being nourished by the flesh & blood of Christ. John 6
- Right vs wrong way to take communion: 1 Corinthians 11
- It's about relationship primarily. We need to check the status of our relationships: God, self, others, creation
- We're hungry, so we eat. We're thirsty, so we drink. Missionally we are nourished by Him if we are to participate in His mission, the reconciliation of all things.
- We need to be reminded that our lives are about relationship.
- We eat this meal together because so many of our meals are in isolation.